9.25.2010

The state unfair



See what I did there with the post title? It's the State FAIR, but I said UNfair. You probably think I'm going to write a whole bunch of crap about how the state fair screwed me out of a lot of money and didn't deliver on the promise it once made to me as a small boy. Well, you're right. Here's the financial breakdown of my two days at the fair in 2010.


Thursday, September 17th 2010 - First day of the fair
Entry - $1
Corn dog - $3
Jumbo corn dog (2 corn dogs, 1 stick) - $6
Modello Especial (12oz) - $5.00
Bud Light (16oz) - $6.00
Dinosaur - $2
Fried pickles - $5
Ice cream - $4


Total scam = $32

Tuesday, September 21st 2010 - Two dollar Tuesday
Entry - $2
Corn dog x2 - $6
Funnel cake - $6
Fried green beans - $5
Gyro - $8
Delicious beers x2 - $12

Total scam = $39


I think overall I got off pretty light. However, total value was way below my expectations. The entry fees, while below the normal $8 gate fee, are completely unnecessary. All costs for fairgrounds should be WELL paid for by the cost of commercial food, rides and industry booths, especially at $6 for a fucking fried batter cake. No entry fee required. The streets get too crowded after 9pm and the food really wasn't all that great this year. I think they just saved all of the oil from last year in those big yellow balls and reused it to make my nasty corn dogs this year. Seriously I had 1 good corn dog. The rest were very gritty.

Can't wait till next year!

1 comment:

  1. ya, we took my father in law, and we had to pay 5 bucks for handicap parking. When we went to park, there were no spaces left.

    ReplyDelete