6.02.2007

Territorial Pissings




It's hotter than a whore den in the heart of America's penis today. Orlando Florida. The only place I've ever felt like "it's not the heat, it's the humidity" ever fully applied.

Currently the Red Hot Chili Peppers "Hump De Bump" off of
Stadium Arcadium is running on the XM radio. It's not a bad song at all. I've heard a few singles off the album lately, and each one seems to dig its way into my brain to sit a spell. It's not bad, no, but that doesn't mean that it motivates me to get out there and buy it. Actually, I've not had the motivation to buy anything I've heard on the radio lately. Perhaps I'm just getting older, and therefore distancing myself from the system of modern music. I'm out of touch it could be said. I'm not in the scene to provide artistic input, and therefore do not fully enjoy the output.

How can that be true though? The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been a staple in my music collection since I first snapped up
Blood Sugar Sex Magic sometime in late '93. This along with Nirvana's Nevermind were the first albums to fully open my eyes to music that could transcend counter-culture and popular culture. You didn't need to be a music snob to enjoy these albums. You just had to hate Husker Du with a red hot passion. God damn them. At least I know that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment