9.27.2007

Work Doesn't Work for Me

It's funny. I sit for about 8 hours, give or take 8, in a fabric enclosed cube. I usually have a set of headphones on and plenty of workspace. For every sense and purpose I am alone and have the ability to clearly focus on the tasks at hand. Yet it seems like I always find some way to distract myself. Usually it involves checking personal email to see if I got any new job offers or perusing the latest issue of HR information on the internet. Both of these activities do wonders in helping me to succeed in killing time, but how do they help me be productive in my current job?

I read an interesting article (I'll start posting links as soon as I stop ranting) that stated five great things to keep in mind to help you succeed in your professional life. All suggested cutting corners in your current work schedule to help keep your stress levels down, increase your creative thinking, and help arm yourself with productivity boosting vitality! But how do I use this vitality when I cannot keep my attention on one task? I don't remember always having an issue with concentration.

The work I do just doesn't seem to ask much of me so I don't give much in return. I'm paid an hourly contract sum, but have not had to prove my results. I work with professionals like me, but my boss does not always understand what we do or why. It's frustrating. Maybe I'm just crying too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment