9.29.2007

The Tools for Success

I've been playing World of Warcraft a little more than normal lately. I think I've become obsessive again with the game and understanding the mechanics down to the core elements. I don't understand the math, and it's taking more time just thinking about HOW to build a character than it does actually playing the character.

Does building a greatly
twinked character help you succeed in playing that character well? I'm thinking not. I am thinking now that it is just a crutch to help players more accustomed to a certain style or "class" of character play another lower level character without totally killing themselves. Regardless, I'm trying my best to help out my new warrior get rare quality items to better play in battlegrounds.

I also started a little mage. I absolutely hated playing every mage I've ever tried because they cannot take any battle damage. I'm used to being mana cognizant playing my more battle friendly hunter, but I figured I might actually retrain myself to think about how to play a glass menagerie mage. I need to stop being so afraid of depleting all of my mana. I just have to be able to take the time between every mob to replenish. There really is no constant battle ability. Maybe as I get a little higher in my frost talent tree I'll find some talents that allow me to be a little more conservative.

I really need to stop thinking about this. I'm working on three characters simultaneously and it's getting hard to think of how to play each. Hunter, Warrior and Mage are all INCREDIBLY different and I need to focus on how to PLAY each and then worry about how to develop them.

No comments:

Post a Comment